The Étoile Class handles three special weapons: Double Sabers, Soaring Blades, and Wands; as well as Gunblades, common to all classes.
All are existing weapons, but when equipped as an Étoile, their movesets have a completely different behavior in terms of Normal Attacks, Weapon Actions, Dodge Actions, and Photon Arts.
Étoiles cannot use any of the existing PAs for these weapon types (even for weapons that have a built-in PA cannot be used). Therefore, the behavior and PAs relating to these weapon types are discussed in separate pages.
Étoile PAs can only be used by Étoile as a Main Class. They cannot be used even when equipped with those types as Étoile Subclass.
- Common to Double Saber, Soaring Blades, and Wand is that all of their Weapon Actions can counter in a way from guarding.
- Unlike other Scion Classes, each weapon has its own Focus and Weapon Action (not shared by the three weapon types). However, what is common to them is their Weapon Action elements that can lead into enhanced attacks.
- All three weapon types have a very high flight performance and slow occurence of spontaneous fall for a variety of actions.
Features of Étoile Wand
- Normal Attack
- 3-stage attack. Hits once -> twice -> thrice for a total of 6 hits.
- The attack range is the same as the effect of wielding the Wand, with the first and second stages being narrower up and down, but the third stage is so wide that the attack reaches right below.
- The flight performance is extremely high, and altitude does not drop at all during Perfect Attack windows.
Even after the Perfect Attack window, the player will still float in the air for less than a second.
- The player can always move during an attack. Moves around at a slightly slower speed.
- Étoile Wand Focus (Skill Acquisition Required)
- Focus Gauge accumulation occurs under the following conditions:
- Moving around the enemy while the Wand is unsheathed. Focus does not accumulate when stationary.
- Hitting the enemy with Normal Attacks. More Focus can be accumulated when attacking and moving at the same time.
- Perfect Guarding at the right time with Charge Protect or Guard Points on PAs will accumulate more Focus.
- Using Focused PAs will increase Focus accumulation based on the PA.
- Weapon Actions Charge Protect, Protect Release
|| Wand Teleport
|| Protect Release (1st Stage)
|| Protect Release (2nd Stage)
|| 1300 x 5 + 4500
| PP Recovery Amount
- Charge Protect (Weapon Action)
- Activated from pressing the Weapon Action, a barrier is deployed to guard against enemy attacks.
By holding down the Weapon Action button, the barrier can be maintained for a long time. Furthermore, the performance changes depending on the extended length.
- Charge Protect (Without additional input)
Activated by tapping the Weapon Action briefly. Deploy a barrier for a short time without consuming Focus. Successfully guarding in this state will accumulate Focus.
- Protect Release (1st Stage)
Can be activated when the Focus consumes more than 2 bars during the Charge Protect. Performs a power attack on a spherical area.
At the moment of activation, it can move fast horizontally. Can hit up to a distance of about 2.5 Sidesteps.
- Protect Release (2nd Stage)
Can be activated when Focus consumes more than 4 bars during the Charge Protect. Performs a very powerful series of attacks over a wide area.
There is no change in the fast movement from the 1st stage, but as the attack range increases, it can hit up to a distance of about 4 Sidesteps.
- Sidestep Strike
- Unlike other weapons, it is a long-range attack that fires off light projectiles.
Has slow bullet speed, no tracking properties, and short range, but is relatively powerful and can penetrate through enemies.
- A guideline is shown after a PA is activated. Performing a Weapon Action at this moment will significantly change the nature of the PA.
- Guard Points are generated when Focusing.
- Focus guidelines other than Luminous Flare can be treated the same way as a Perfect Attack window, and the latter half of the PA can be skipped to lead into the next attack.
If the Weapon Action is performed before the guideline converges, the Perfect Attack window will not occur after the PA.
- By learning Wand F Dash, movement speed can be increased for a certain period of time during a combo when performing a successful Focused PA.
- The nature of the PA changes depending on the Weapon Action Focus.
- Compared to Double Saber and Soaring Blades, there are many quirky PAs.
- The Wand has the characteristic of being able to rise in altitude very easily and maintain it.
Altitude balancing is recommended to get the most out of the PAs.
- Unlike Double Saber and Soaring Blades, there are few PAs with Super Armor, and their duration is limited. Therefore, it is not recommended to be within close range against enemies often.
|| Prism Circular
|| Wand Étoile Photon Art. Unleashes a barrage of strikes from a band of photon energy. Attack changes depending on Weapon Actions.
| DEX Correction
- Slash up (1 hit) and release a vortex of light ahead (1 hit).
- The range of the slash is as short as it looks. The vortex of light is long and reaches far.
- Doesn't attack anything during the release motion of the vortex.
- The vortex of light is treated as a projectile and can be blocked by terrain and obstacles. Also stuns.
- Holding down the PA will make the player rush while being covered in a barrier to attack the surroundings. During the rush, PP will be consumed at a pace of 10 PP per second.
- The rush has Super Armor during the animation, and when released, the attack shifts into the main portion.
- The player can move freely in any direction during the rush. In OTS mode, vertical movement can also be done.
- Always treated as an aerial action during the rush.
- There are 3 Guard Points, at the beginning of the PA, the start of the slash, and at the end.
- Power notation is 20% for the rush, 10% for the slash, and 70% for the vortex. If the rush was not involved, the vortex will be 80% of the notation.
- Converges the light on the weapon and slashes horizontally. (The power notation is 80% on the latter half)
- At the cost of increased potency on the second half, the range is shortened and the stun effect is lost.
- Power notation is 20% for the rush, 10% for the slash, and 80% for the light slash. If the rush was not involved, the light slash will be 90% of the notation.
|| Glitter Stripe
|| Wand Étoile Photon Art. Focuses photons into a concentrated blast at the enemy. Attack changes depending on Weapon Actions.
| DEX Correction
- Jumps up and fires off photon bands towards the ground (1 hit) and explode (3 hits).
- The second half of the explosion always happens on a fixed spot. As a reference, it occurs about 2 Sidesteps away from the player.
- Can be used repeatedly to rise in altitude.
- Has a weak launching effect.
- Has invulnerability when jumping up.
- Has no Super Armor.
- Power notation is 10% for the photon bands and 30% x 3 hits for the explosion, totaling to 100%.
- The explosion range in the latter half is narrowed and becomes a high-powered 1 hit attack.
- Like the original, it has a weak launching effect.
- Power notation is 10% for the photon bands and 140% for the explosion, totaling to 150%.
Black Hole Rapture
|| Black Hole Rapture
|| Wand Étoile Photon Art. Sucks up targets into an explosion. Attack changes depending on Weapon Actions.
| DEX Correction
- Generates a black hole that brings in enemies (2 hits) that then bursts into a large damaging area (5 hits).
- Has a Zondeel like suction effect when the black hole is made. Has high range and suction power.
However, it bursts quickly, so the duration is short.
- After the black hole bursts, a large field is deployed for continuous attacks.
When the field is deployed, the photon bands can hit once that is half the power of the field, and power of the beams is the same when Focused.
- Since the field that is normally activated and the field when Focused can coexist, if they are activated in succession, they will occur in different spots and will continue.
- Both the black holes and continuous attacks always occur in a fixed spot. As a guideline, the spot is about 2.5 Sidesteps away from the player.
- The only PA that drops in altitude when activated in the air.
- The PA does not always continue to fall during the animation, but stops when the Focus guideline converges.
- There is Super Armor until the Focus guideline converges.
- Power notation is 22% x 2 hits for the black hole suction (5.6% x 1 hit when the field is deployed), and 11.2% x 5 hits for the damaging field. Totals to 100% if the initial hit from the field deployment is not included.
- The range of the continuous attacks that happens after the black hole is narrowed. In addition, the duration lasts longer and hit interval will be longer, but the damage done by the field will increase (27% x 4 hits).
- Power notation is 22% x 2 hits for the black hole suction (5.6% x 1 hit when the field is deployed), and 27% x 4 hits for the damaging field. Totals to 152% if the initial hit from the field deployment is not included.
|| Luminous Flare
|| Wand Étoile Photon Art. Unleashes a massive photon blast. Attack changes depending on Weapon Actions.
| DEX Correction
- Releases a large photonic beam ahead.
- Continues to release the beam for about 2 seconds after activating. Cannot be canceled by jumping or Sidestepping during this. Maintains altitude when activated in the air.
- The beam itself is narrow, but actually has a wider attack range due to the photon band surrounding the beam being able to hit enemies as well.
- The range is very long and can reach near the lock-on limit distance.
- Can move and change direction of the beam during the PA. Vertical direction cannot be changed.
- After activation, the attack will continue even if the button is not held down. Rather, if the button is repeatedly pressed, it will be judged as a Perfect Attack failure and the next window will not be shown.
- There is no Super Armor.
- Power notation is 20% x 5 hits, totaling to 100%
- Fire off a blast instead of a beam. The animation will be shortened and makes it possible to hit vertically.
- In exchange, the range is reduced greatly.
- Power notation is 63% for 1 hit.