|New Genesis: Photon Arts and Actions|
|Fighter||Twin Daggers||Double Saber||Knuckles|
|Gunner||Twin Machine Guns|
|Bouncer||Soaring Blades||Jet Boots|
|New Genesis: Wired Lance Photon Arts|
|Cutting Layer||Vane Mixture||Turbulent Train||Hellish Fall|
The Hunter's Wired Lance sports higher range than the Sword or Partisan, but deals somewhat less damage than them.
It also requires you to be in ideal range, signified by an orange reticle in target, lock-on, and over-the-shoulder, to deal 1.2x damage; it is highly recommended you stay within this range. The Wired Lance can also be used for its Grapple Weapon Action to reach enemies in the air and can be modified via learning Wired Anchor Advanced to provide additional utilities and attacks.
With Hunter Arts Avenger and its related skills learned, PAs can deal 1.5x damage, restore 10 PP, and grant invincibility (that can be further extended) by releasing the PA right before an enemy attacks.
Wired Anchor Range Collection: All Avenger PAs will deal ideal range damage regardless of distance.
Crossing Feather: Release a high-damaging attack with the Wired Lance by attacking enemies to fill up its gauge.
Features of Wired Lance
|Potency||70 x 2||60 x 2||180||260|
|PP Recovery||4 x 2||4 x 2||6||18|
Swing the Wired Lance to hit enemies in a wide area in front of you. Wired Attack Extra adds the 4th NA. Same Arts Skip Attack - Hunter and Another Arts Skip Attack - Hunter allows you to skip to the 3rd and 4th NAs, respectively.
- NA4 has a narrower range than other NAs.
- NA3 autoguards from the front during its animation, and NA4 autoguards from all directions during its animation.
|Icon||Stat||Forwards||Neutral||Sideways (Tap)||Sideways (Full Hold)||Backwards|
Send out Wires to grapple and launch yourself towards the enemy, following up with a retreating kick. Wired Anchor Advanced, adds the Neutral, Sideways (tap and hold), and Backwards Weapon Actions that can be used based on their respective inputs.
Learning Wired Anchor Perfect Parry allows you to guard from the front when initially using the Weapon Action, negating attacks (excluding grabs and certain attacks) before they hit you. Omnidirectional Guard upgrades it to guard from all directions.
Note that Weapon Actions are performed based on where your character is looking. For example, if your character is facing the camera while you are holding the backwards input, you will instead perform the forwards Weapon Action. It is recommended you lock-on to avoid this.
- All Weapon Actions can be canceled with Sidestep before hitting the enemy; sideways hold can instead be canceled any time before its finisher.
- A forward input performs the original Weapon Action, grappling the enemy and launching yourself towards it. Effective for gaining height.
- Provides super armor as you pull yourself backwards, then invincibility as you launch yourself towards the enemy. Autoguards from all directions after the retreating kick.
- No input launches the wires at the enemy and quickly retracts it, damaging them in the process.
- A left or right input spins the wires and whips the enemy.
- Holding the left or right input continuously spins the wires around you like a lasso; letting it go releases a finisher. The spin increases in speed on the 9th spin and also increases the damage of the finisher.
- Requires ideal range.
- Effective option to use against a downed enemy after an Avenger'd Wired Lance PA (provided that you have learned Wired Anchor Avenger )
- You will automatically perform the finisher on the 25th (and final) spin.
- You can move and jump while performing this Weapon Action; you will also slowly fall if you are in the air.
- A backward input is similar to the neutral input, but you will also retreat backwards.
- The brief retreat provides invincibility.
Wired Anchor Advanced
Wired Anchor Perfect Parry
Wired Anchor Avenger: Using a Weapon Action attack after an Avenger'd Wired Lance PA will increase its damage by 1.5x.
Wired Anchor Strikeback: Successfully guarding using the Weapon Action (via Wired Anchor Perfect Parry) automatically applies learned Avenger properties to the next Wired Lance PA.
|Sidestep Attack||90 + 100||6 + 8|
|Sidestep Counter||200 + 240||7 + 9|
|Dive Attack, (High Dive)||200 (270)||0|
- Sidestep Attack/Counter: After a Sidestep, press Normal Attack to perform two slashes. If you dodge an enemy's attack with Sidestep, the damage is increased.
- Though it is preferable to take advantage of Hellish Fall or Avenger, Sidestep can be helpful for a Wired Lance Hunter facing grab attacks or certain attacks.
- Dash Attack: Release your wires to hit enemies around you.
- Dive Attack: Nearly the same across all weapons. Dive deals damage to nearby enemies and restores no PP, and is mainly used to reach the ground faster. Damage increases when diving from a high height (roughly two Photon Dash jumps).
Create photon-enhanced wires around you and forcefully pull them together to attack the enemy multiple times.
- Upon activation, you will perform a short gap-closing dash towards the enemy.
- Like all Photon Blasts, you are invincible during its animation.
- Potency Notation: Deals 102% x 6 hits (wire setup) + 120% x 7 hits (wire pull), then 840% x 3 hits (wire collapse).
|Cutting Layer||Potency||770|| Wired Lance Photon Art.|
Launch a wide attack in front of you repeatedly.
- Performs 7 slashes over a wide area.
- You can only move in any direction upon using the PA, and during the sixth slash of the PA. Distance is based on how long the movement input is held.
- You can cancel any time before the final slash with Sidestep or Weapon Action, and after the fifth slash with any other action.
- Potency Notation: The first 6 slashes each deal 11% of noted potency, while the final slash deals 34%.
|Vane Mixture||Potency||800|| Wired Lance Photon Art.|
Spin and cleave through enemies before unleashing a powerful final blow.
Can be used while moving.
- Performs 2 wide spin attacks that hit multiple times, then a slash.
- You can move in any direction while spinning. The final slash will lock you in place, though you can adjust which direction you attack in during the wind-up.
- Ideal to use within groups of enemies.
- You can cancel between spins and before the slash with Sidestep, Weapon Action, or any other action.
- Potency Notation: The first spin deals 10% x 3 hits of noted potency, the second spin deals 6% x 4 hits, and the final slash deals 46%.
|Turbulent Train||Potency||555|| Wired Lance Photon Art.|
Launch a vertical slash while spinning aggressively.
- Performs 4 vertical slashes as you spin in the air.
- Can launch small enemies into the air.
- On the first two slashes and with lock-on, you can ascend or descend using the forwards or backwards inputs respectively when activating the PA.
- The PA will also stop you from ascending when you are somewhat above the target.
- You can cancel after the first slash with Sidestep only, and at any time after the second slash with Sidestep, Weapon Action, or any other action.
- Potency Notation: The first slash deals 34% of noted potency, while the other 3 slashes deal 22% each.
|Hellish Fall||Potency||1090|| Wired Lance Photon Art.|
When you strike an enemy, you leap into the air and follow up with a powerful overhead attack.
Charge for 5 seconds to launch an alternate attack.
While charging, you take less damage and cannot be knocked back or launched. However, being hit twice will interrupt your charge and release the attack.
- Performs a grab and a slam uncharged and a powerful, retaliating attack when charged that follows the enemy.
- Unlike other Wired Lance PAs and Actions, Hellish Fall does not require ideal range.
- Uncharged has short reach and requires an enemy to fully perform the PA, which can launch small enemies into the air.
- The slam attack will auto-guard from all directions.
- Charged requires 5 seconds or getting hit twice to skip the charge. The first hit you take reduces damage by 50% and provides super armor, and the second hit will negate damage and automatically track and attack the enemy.
- Will trigger Avenger-related skills automatically upon taking a second hit if they are learned.
- Highly recommended to use against low damage, multi-hit attacks to deal a massive amount of damage to the enemy. Such examples include Kelkundo's rapid kicks or Doldoris' bullet barrage.
- Hunter Physique Extra Shield can provide further protection against harder hitting attacks.
- Beware that the freeze status effect can occur on the first hit if enemies are capable of doing so, most notably from Kvaris enemies.
- Potency Notation: If uncharged, the grab deals 5% of noted potency, and 55% for the slam. If charged, 100%.