|New Genesis: Photon Arts and Actions|
|Fighter||Twin Daggers||Double Saber||Knuckles|
|Gunner||Twin Machine Guns|
|Bouncer||Soaring Blades||Jet Boots|
|New Genesis: Twin Daggers Photon Arts|
|Circling Buzzard||Helzeus Coat||Pirouette Ripper||Limber Figure|
The Fighter's Twin Daggers mainly focus on quick attacks and provides skills you can learn from the Fighter's Skill Tree that help you stay close to the enemy, even if they're in the air.
The Twin Daggers' Normal Attacks and PAs have many opportunities where you can cancel it with the Guard Weapon Action. If you learn the skill Dagger Spin Counter, you can follow up with a quick counter, then resume your onslaught on the enemy.
However, the Twin Daggers struggles with groups of enemies, being more suited with one-on-one combat. Compared to the other two Fighter weapons, Twin Daggers also deal less damage overall, favoring mobility over the other two.
Fighter's weapon PAs are split into two halves, and learning Fighter Skip Arts allows you to use the first half by inputting a directional key, or to instead skip to the second half by not inputting.
For Twin Daggers PAs, the first half is a quick, gap-closing attack. It is recommended to understand when to use each half according to your combat situation.
Dagger Hitcount Up PP Gain: Hitting an enemy 20 times with a PA or Photon Blast will provide 15 PP.
Features of Twin Daggers
|Potency, (Impact)|| 45 x 2
(6 x 2 + 120)
| 50 x 2
(7 x 2 + 130)
| 55 x 2
(8 x 2 + 150)
| 50 x 4
(7 x 4 + 250)
|165 x 2|
|PP Recovery, (Impact)|| 2 x 2
(1 x 2 + 8)
| 2 x 2
(1 x 2 + 8)
| 5 x 2
(2 x 2 + 8)
| 3 x 4
(1 x 4 + 10)
|5 x 2|
Slash with the Twin Daggers to hit enemies in front of you. Dagger Attack Extra adds the 4th NA. Same Arts Skip Attack - Fighter and Another Arts Skip Attack - Fighter allows you to skip to the 3rd and 4th NAs after using a PA twice or two different PAs, respectively.
- NA4 moves you forward and upwards.
- NA4 autoguards from the front until the end of its animation.
- An attack that can can be performed after NA4, Acceleration Drive, or Photon Blast. Quick Attack provides invincibility until the end of its animation and can hit the enemy at a decent range. A purple glow on your character signals when you can use it, provided you're performing one of the actions above to trigger it.
- You can move to the left, right, forwards, or backwards using their respective input before performing Quick Attack.
- Filling the gauge by attacking with PAs provides the next 10 Normal Attacks with an additional shockwave, increasing its damage, PP recovery, and range.
- Shows current amount left at the bottom left of the Normal Attack icon.
- Photon Blast fully refills the gauge.
|Icon||Stat||Spin||Spin Counter||Acceleration Drive|
Spin to guard yourself from all directions. You can completely negate attacks (excluding grabs and certain attacks) if you guard before an attack hits you. The spin deals a miniscule amount of damage if you're close enough to an enemy.
- Allows you to counter by pressing Normal Attack after successfully guarding an attack.
- Worse damage and PP recovery than a Sidestep Counter, but allows you to stay in the air.
- Moves you about 4 Sidesteps in any direction towards the enemy while performing an attack. If learned, it can be performed after a Photon Art by pressing Normal Attack; a purple glow on your character signals when you can use it. If Dagger Spin Axle is learned, it can be performed after a Weapon Action as well.
- Recommended to be performed in the air, as it is faster than performing it on the ground; damage still remains the same as well.
- Provides invincibility until the end of its animation.
- Can be canceled with Weapon Action at any time.
|Dive Attack, (High Dive)||200 (270)||0|
- Sidestep Attack/Counter: After a Sidestep, press Normal Attack to perform a quick slash. If you dodge an enemy's attack with Sidestep, the damage is increased.
- Dash Attack: Swing the Twin Daggers directly in front of you. Has a narrow range compared to other Dash Attacks.
- Dive Attack: Nearly the same across all weapons. Dive deals damage to nearby enemies and restores no PP, and is mainly used to reach the ground faster. Damage increases when diving from a high height (roughly two Photon Dash jumps).
Quickly attack the enemy with numerous horizontal slashes before finishing off with a rising spin attack.
- One of the fastest Photon Blasts, but also deals relatively low damage in comparison.
- The rising spin attack may accidentally hit unintended parts of the enemy. Consider activating the Photon Blast somewhat lower than the part you intend to hit.
- Like all Photon Blasts, you are invincible until the end of its animation.
- Potency Notation: Deals 240% x 5 hits (slashes), 300% (transition slash), then 360% x 5 hits (rising spin).
|Circling Buzzard||Potency||840|| Twin Daggers Photon Art.|
Approach the enemy while spinning and unleash a lightning-quick flurry of attacks.
- Perform a short gap closing spin in the first half, then slash the enemy multiple times in the second half before finishing off with a downward slash.
- The downward slash is the most damaging part of this PA and also provides auto-Guard from the front.
- You can move a short distance in any direction in the first half, but are locked in place in the second half. The second half also has short range.
- Due to its short range and most of its damage on the downward slash, this PA is most effective against enemies that are not actively moving or downed.
- Can be canceled before the downward slash with Sidestep or Weapon Action.
- Potency Notation: The first half deals 6% x 3 hits of noted potency, the second half deals 6.5% x 6 hits, and the downward slash deals 43%.
|Helzeus Coat||Potency||510|| Twin Daggers Photon Art.|
Unleash a shock wave after leaping forward.
- Dash towards the enemy and perform a retreat that sends out a penetrating shockwave.
- The dash does not vertically track enemies. You can travel further with the dash if you are targeting or locked on an enemy.
- Sending out the shockwave autoguards from the front.
- Provides super armor in the first half only.
- Can be canceled in the first half with Sidestep or Weapon Action.
- Potency Notation: The first half deals 25% and 27% of noted potency, and the second half 24% x 2 hits.
|Pirouette Ripper||Potency||345|| Twin Daggers Photon Art.|
Cleave through foes with countless strikes after a quick stab.
- Perform a quick strike that moves you a step forward and then release a flurry of slashes.
- Provides super armor, and invincibility until the end of the PA if an enemy is hit with the first half's strike.
- Autoguards from the front in the second half.
- Can only be canceled with Sidestep or Weapon Action in the first half, though you can cancel with either as soon as the slashes are released.
- Potency Notation: The first half deals 38% of noted potency, and the second half 15.5% x 4 hits.
|Limber Figure||Potency||765|| Twin Daggers Photon Art.|
After driving your blade into the enemy,
you throw your weapon striking nearby enemies.
- Take a step forward to hit the enemy and leave a thin lingering slash that damages enemies on the first half, then throw your daggers around you on the second half. Requires an enemy to fully perform the first half and the following second half. Not required if second half is used only.
- Second half can lightly launch smaller enemies and bring them towards you.
- The lingering slash is effective when using it against downed enemies and following it up with Pirouette Ripper or Circling Buzzard.
- Can only have one lingering slash active at a time; it will disappear if the first half is used again.
- Provides super armor.
- Can be canceled in the first half with Sidestep or Weapon Action.
- Potency Notation: The first half deals a total of 27.2% of noted potency, the lingering slash 31.8%, and the second half 41%.