|New Genesis: Photon Arts and Actions|
|Fighter||Twin Daggers||Double Saber||Knuckles|
|Gunner||Twin Machine Guns|
|Bouncer||Soaring Blades||Jet Boots|
|New Genesis: Harmonizer Photon Arts|
|Fredran Breath||Fredran Riding||Wulfen Demolition||Wulfen Raid|
The Waker's Harmonizer is a unique Technique-scaling weapon that does not utilize Techniques, but instead utilizes its three familiars (Fredran, Wulfen, and Marmelo) to attack at various ranges. The Harmonizer has 2 stage PAs that can be altered by holding down the PA button, consuming additional PP in the process.
Fredran PAs have medium to long range attacks, while Wulfen PAs have close range attacks. Marmelo is summoned with Weapon Action, and is used to guard against attacks. Learning Harmonizer Focus unlocks separate gauges for Fredran and Wulfen that builds up when you attack with their specific PAs. Filling both of their respective gauges allows you to attack with the active skill Familiar Harmony, a core part of Waker's kit to deal a high amount of damage. Meanwhile, learning Marmelo Strike allows you to counterattack with Marmelo by throwing it at the enemy.
The Harmonizer (and Waker) can be considered mechanically demanding compared to other weapons, requiring use of its class's mechanics and PAs to deal effective damage. Its PAs are somewhat long and can leave you vulnerable at certain points, requiring some thought before using them.
Features of Harmonizer
Wave the Harmonizer to summon an attack on the enemy. Holding Normal Attack produces a slightly stronger attack, mainly used to activate the skills Treble Clef Ignition and Familiar Support.
- Mainly used to restore PP.
- Can significantly increase the range of NAs by locking on an enemy.
|Icon||Stat||Marmelo Strike||Marmelo Strike (Stage 1)||Marmelo Strike (Stage 2)||Parry Counter|
Summon Marmelo to guard attacks around you. Learning Marmelo Strike allows you to throw Marmelo at the enemy by holding the Weapon Action button, increasing in power for each stage of the gauge reached, out of 2 stages. Stage 1 requires 1 successful guard, and stage 2 requires 3 successful guards.
Learning Hot Marmelo Parry allows you to guard with Marmelo even while attacking; has a 10 second cooldown.
Hot Marmelo Parry Short Cooldown reduces the cooldown to 5 seconds if you do not guard an attack with it.
Marmelo Strike Tracing allows Marmelo to home in on targeted enemies.
Marmelo Patience allows you to hold Weapon Action to keep Marmelo summoned, granting super armor and reducing damage based on the skill's level. Guarding this way still counts towards Marmelo's gauge.
- It is most effective to use Marmelo Strike at your desired gauge stage immediately after guarding an attack, as Marmelo Strike requires you to guard first before using it.
- It is not recommended to throw it without at least reaching stage 1, and is most effective to throw at stage 2 for maximum damage.
- You are vulnerable while throwing Marmelo, but you do have super armor; be wary when you consider counterattacking with it.
- Missing still consumes Marmelo's gauge.
Harmonizer Parry Counter
- Allows you to follow up a Weapon Action guard with a counter by pressing Normal Attack.
- You are invincible during the animation.
- Sidestep Attack/Counter: After a Sidestep, press Normal Attack to summon an attack on the enemy. If you dodge an enemy's attack with Sidestep, damage and PP recovery is increased.
- Dash Attack: Fire a piercing attack with the Harmonizer.
- Dive Attack: Nearly the same across all weapons. Dive deals damage to nearby enemies and restores no PP, and is mainly used to reach the ground faster.
Enhance your familiars with photons, with Fredran and Wulfen firing beams, and Marmelo sending multiple copies of itself to attack the enemy.
- You will stay in place during the Photon Blast.
- Like all Photon Blasts, you are invincible during its animation.
- Potency Notation: Deals 540% x 2 hits (Fredran and Wulfen) + 840% x 3 hits (Marmelo).
|Fredran Breath||Potency||360|| Harmonizer Photon Art.|
Summons the Familiar Fredran to fire a piercing breath forward.
Pressing and holding the PA button will cause the attack to target multiple enemies in your field of view at the cost of additional PP.
- Summon Fredran to fire projectiles to hit enemies in front of you. If held, consume 10 PP and Fredran will target enemies to fire homing projectiles after locking on.
- Initial projectiles have relatively wide hitboxes, good range, and can pierce enemies.
- Held PA can track multiple parts on an enemy, and does not decay in damage for every part hit. It can also quickly build up Fredran focus on a larger enemy with multiple parts or in groups of enemies.
- Provides super armor.
- Potency Notation: Initial PA deals 50% of noted potency, and if held, deals 50%.
|Fredran Riding||Potency||750|| Harmonizer Photon Art. Summons the Familiar Fredran to fire a vacuum wave at enemies.|
Pressing and holding the PA button will allow you to fly on Fredran at the cost of additional PP. Remain flying as long as the button is held down.
Releasing the button will cause you to dismount as Fredran charges ahead to attack the enemy.
- Rise as Fredran fires a small vacuum wave at enemies that hits multiple times. If held, consume PP to ride and glide on Fredran. Releasing will dismount you and Fredran will charge at the enemy and explode.
- Initial PA has good range and can hit even a moving enemy quickly.
- You can continue to rise until you are slightly above the enemy. As you rise upon using the PA, you will attack somewhat above the initial targeted area/enemy.
- The held glide falls slower than Photon Glide, allowing you to glide further.
- Provides super armor.
- Potency Notation: Initial PA deals 9% x 3 hits of noted potency. If held, deals 73%.
|Wulfen Demolition||Potency||1130|| Harmonizer Photon Art.|
Summons the Familiar Wulfen to fire a shockwave and then smash both fists into the ground, causing damage to nearby enemies.
Pressing and holding the PA button will make the attack chargeable at the cost of additional PP.
If you do not charge the attack, a shockwave attack will be released that lingers for a set time.
If you charge the attack, Wulfen will launch a powerful attack forward.
- Summon Wulfen to perform an elbow bash, then a ground slam. If held, consume 10 PP to use an uncharged or charged attack with different properties. If uncharged, Wulfen will attack and leave behind a lingering field that attacks enemies. If charged for 2.5 seconds, Wulfen will roar, attacking enemies.
- Ground slam and roar can knock down smaller enemies.
- Charge is most effective when used while an enemy is invulnerable or in a hard to hit state.
- Otherwise, Hot Marmelo Parry can be utilized to more safely charge the PA.
- Provides super armor, and auto-Guards from the front at the beginning of the initial PA, and when releasing the charged attack.
- Can be canceled after the elbow bash and while charging with Sidestep or Weapon Action.
- Potency Notation: Initial PA deals 11% + 31% of noted potency. If held, uncharged deals 11% + 22% + 2.2% x 10 hits (field). If charged, deals 11% + 89% (roar).
|Wulfen Raid||Potency||810|| Harmonizer Photon Art.|
Summons the Familiar Wulfen to charge forward and perform an uppercut.
Pressing and holding the PA button will unleash a combo attack forward at the cost of additional PP.
- Summon Wulfen to perform a thrusting punch towards the enemy, following up with an uppercut. If held, consume 10 PP to have Wulfen spin and punch. With no movement input or a backwards input, Wulfen will finish off with a backflip kick that retreats you backwards. With a forward input, Wulfen will finish off with a stomp that will move you forward or stop you in front of the enemy.
- The finishing moves deal the same amount of damage, only differing visually and in utility.
- The thrust increases in distance with target or lock-on.
- With a target or lock-on, you can rapidly use and cancel the PA to quickly move.
- Provides super armor, and auto-Guards from the front during the thrusting punch, as well as during the finishing move.
- Can be canceled after the thrusting punch and after the spinning punches with Sidestep or Weapon Action.
- Potency Notation: Initial PA deals 16% + 34% of noted potency. If held, deals 16% + 10% x 5 hits + 34%.